To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Garden City
Division: Human Resources
Job Title: Human Resources Director
The City of Garden City is currently accepting applications for the Human Resources Director. The Human Resources Director is responsible for administrative and professional activities in workforce planning and employment, benefits administration, on-site clinic and wellness programs, human resource development, compensation and performance management programs, worker’s compensation, occupational health and safety, and risk management.
The Ideal Candidate
The City is seeking an experienced Human Resources Director who will be responsible for:
- Recommending and initiating department and City policy;
- Preparing annual comprehensive budgets for the Department, Health Insurance, and Workers' Compensation funds;
- Monitoring information regarding new state or federal laws and implementing procedures to maintain compliance;
- Researching, compiling, analyzing and evaluating general and statistical information regarding a wide variety of HR and general management functions;
- Overseeing Worker’s Compensation programs while also working with IMA/KMIT and Kansas Municipal Utilities to improve on-site consultations, safety program development and employee training.
Please review the Human Resources Director Profile listed underneath "Attached Files."
The ideal candidate will have ten (10) years of experience in human resources or general management, including the management of personnel, the assessment of capital needs, major project management, budget preparation, proven conflict resolution skills and the ability to interact and be productive in a cross-disciplinary team environment.
Required educational backgrounds include a Bachelor's Degree in public administration, human resources or a similarly related degree or professional certification. Ten years of experience or a mix of education and experience which proves the presence of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.Other desirable skills include verbal and written communication regarding human resources or related general management procedures; knowledge of municipal, state and federal rules and regulations concerning human resource administration; ability to interact with City staff, local, state and federal government officials and the general public.
A completed application is required and you may submit online or at the City Administrative Building, 301 N. 8th St., Garden City, KS 67846. A resume, letter of application, and three references should be submitted to:
Captain Randy Ralston, Interim HR Director
City of Garden City
301 N. 8th St.
Garden City, KS 67846
Phone: (620) 276-1175
Fax: (620) 271-1409
4/15/2015 12:00:00 AM