To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Winfield
Division: Fire & EMS
Job Title: Winfield EMS and FIRE Reserve
Winfield EMS Reserve Job Description
CLASS TITLE: Winfield EMS Reserve
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Captain/Lieutenant/Lead Paramedic
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: Under direct supervision, an active Winfield EMS Reserve:
- Assists paramedics in rescue operations and patient care.
- Performs the basic life support or advanced life support techniques permitted for an EMT-B, EMT-A or EMT-P by the Kansas Board of EMS and Winfield Fire/EMS protocols.
- Actively participate in initial and continuing training to maintain and increase skill competence.
- Assist the Winfield Fire/EMS Department in providing medical services at large events and disasters.
- Maintain equipment and supplies on and after EMS calls.
- Assist with public information and training programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Active Winfield EMS Reserves complete no less than 12 hours per month of time and training. This includes monthly Winfield EMS Reserve meetings, station ambulance ride time and sanctioned Winfield EMS Reserve standby's.
Active Winfield EMS Reserves shall be required to wear the designated uniform specified by the Winfield Fire/EMS Department.
Active Winfield EMS Reserves shall live within 20 miles of the Winfield city limits.
The minimum requirement is a current Kansas or National Certificate as an EMT-B, EMT-A or EMT-P.
Active Winfield EMS Reserves shall be required to have telephone service and must Keep the Winfield Fire/EMS Department apprised of any changes to current address and telephone number.
Active Winfield EMS Reserves must be a citizen of the United States of America; must be at least 18 years of age; have a valid high school diploma or GED and possess a valid Kansas drivers license.
4/29/2015 12:00:00 AM