To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Andover
Job Title: Fire Reservist/Volunteer Firefighter
Volunteer (Reserve) Firefighter
The Andover Fire/Rescue Reserve Program is an established pool of competent, well-trained and equipped personnel to respond to the needs of the citizens of the Andover community.
· After extensive training, Andover Reserve Firefighters respond alongside the career members of the department to all types of emergencies and community service events.
· Reserve Firefighter positions are voluntary positions, only receiving a small stipend for all alarms made.
· Reserve Firefighter applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- High school graduate (GED accepted), college preferred
- Live within an approximate 6 mile radius of 911 N. Andover Road
- Pass the physical agility test
- *Pass a review by a panel of Andover Fire members
- 1 Chief Officer
- 1 Captain
- 2 reserve firefighters
- 2 career firefighters
- Pass a health physical
- Pass a criminal background investigation
* May be waived for Cadets or college interns at Andover Fire/Rescue - moving to the Firefighter In Training (FIT) classification
The applicant, after successfully completing the above, will be offered membership, if a position is available, and placed into the FIT position for a period not less than 6 months and not greater than 1 year.
Applications for employment for reserve firefighter volunteer positions will be accepted on a continual basis.
5/13/2015 12:00:00 AM