To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Psychiatrist
To see what it is like to work for Sedgwick County COMCARE, click here.
The staff Psychiatrist will provide goal-directed, medically necessary diagnostic, assessment and medication management services to patients with mental disorders.
Essential Job Functions:
· Assesses and treats patients with mental disorders, to include diagnosing and medication management.
· Conducts medication evaluations.
· Conducts medication reviews for follow-up.
· Reviews and co-signs intakes and other documents as necessary.
· Moderate on-call expectations.
· Documents activities in a thorough and timely manner.
· Provides letters and other reports related to patient care as needed.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings.
· Participate in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
· Medical Doctorate from an accredited school of medicine, completion of one year internship in an approved setting, and completion of three year residency in a recognized school of psychiatry.
· Eight years administrative experience in a mental health setting preferred or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Current State of Kansas medical license or eligible to be licensed in Kansas.
· Board certification in Psychiatry or eligible to be Board certified preferred.
· KBI and DCF child and adult abuse background checks.
· DMV background check.
· Pre-employment drug screen.
· Modern office equipment including an electronic medical record.
· Office setting
Must pass KBI background check and pre-employment urine drug screen.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
Sedgwick County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Roberta Berry, Sedgwick County Acting ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7058, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
6/8/2015 12:00:00 AM
2/2/2018 11:59:59 PM