To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Department: Gen Ed
Job Title: Part Time Instructor (Adjunct Faculty) Speech / Interpersonal Communications
The adjunct faculty member will provide course instruction and assess student learning in his/her area of expertise to students. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussions and projects, and/or computer laboratory instruction at various College locations. Teaching assignments will include between 1-9 credit hours of courses in the field. Day, afternoon, evening, weekend, and/or on-line classes may be available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relates to students in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for the individual
- Reviews course content with administrator or designee prior to instruction
- Creates and provides students with a detailed syllabus which contains the elements specified on the College syllabus template
- Submits the syllabus/syllabi two weeks before the beginning of class
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time
- Presents instruction in a manner consistent with lesson objectives and course outcomes
- Returns graded work in a timely and consistent manner
- Seeks student feedback to identify and meet student needs
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document student mastery of course objectives
- Performs paperwork related to the assignment, including completion of all required reports
- Maintains classroom environment that supports learning
- Submits grades by the established due date and assist the registrar in maintaining an accurate record of class enrollment
- Maintains records of student achievement in the event of a grade appeal
- Meets with the V.P. of Academic Affairs if and as requested; and, maintains close communication regarding any classroom or learning issues that may arise.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook applications.
- Complies with hiring requirements of College
- Ability to communicate with employees, management, other areas of the organization, in person, on the phone and by written communications in a clear straight-forward and professional manner.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required with 18 hours of coursework in discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Teaching experience in adult education preferred.
Attendance at regularly scheduled meetings and in-services, as well as at meetings that may be scheduled on an impromptu basis. There may be occasional travel between the College locations. Working hours may fluctuate based upon college deadlines, projects being undertaken, and the types of services needing to be provided. Invest the necessary time in performing all tasks necessary in order to accomplish assigned work.
11/2/2015 12:00:00 AM