To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Jefferson County
Division: Information Technology
Job Title: Web Developer
|Under the supervision of the IT Director, the Web Developer is responsible for designing, coding and modifying the county’s websites, from layout to function. The developer will strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. The developer will create both public facing and back-end applications. Web page development will be standalone and/or developed within an eGovernment framework.
- To design and develop websites ensuring strong optimization and functionality.
- Work on projects including web layout enhancements, website enhancements, web-based applications, and database-backed websites.
- To monitor web server and site technical performance.
- Analyze, review and modify web systems by designing, maintaining, documenting, testing, developing and monitoring.
- Extensive functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.) is needed to be successful in this position.
- A strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.Ability to work with various database systems including, MySQL, and SQL Server and frameworks including ADO and ODBC.Regular exposure to department heads and designated departmental staff, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
- The position requires constant communication with colleagues and other county departments.
- Maintain current knowledge of technological advancements in web development.
- Report operational problems through effective communication with IT leadership and departments as needed.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities -
- Teamwork, Verbal Communication,
- Cross-browser compatibility,
- Web User Interface Design (UI),
- Security Principles,
- Object-Oriented Design,
- Web Services (REST/SOAP),
- Multimedia Content Development, API's
- Microsoft IIs
- Computer hardware, operating systems, networks, and software applications.
- Work independently and to use sound judgment and initiative.
- Investigate problems and provide solutions to problems is required
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Strong applicable skills with the knowledge set listed above (see “Knowledge of” section).
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school (four-year degree preferred); and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job within an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Pre-employment drug screening, occupational capacity testing, background check, and vision and hearing screening required. Apply online at www.jfcountyks.com, navigate to the Employment link. Hard copy applications are available at the Jefferson County Clerk's Office.
2/3/2016 12:00:00 AM