To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Adjunct Instructor, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- This position will teach course work approved by the Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Service. Instructors will teach classroom work and/or lab and clinical experiences using mannequin simulation, state of the art training equipment, along with on-site visits to LTC facilities to prepare students to test for Kansas CNA certifications.
- Current Kansas RN license with a minimum of two (2) years full-time nursing experience in any field.
- Minimum of 1750 hours (as RN or LPN) experience in adult care (Nursing Home or Assisted Living) or long-term care unit of a hospital.
- Must have supervisor experience or prior experience teaching adults.
- If you do not have 1750 hours in LTC or supervisor/teaching experience, you must be willing to take a 7-hour course (in person) for centered LTC care or adult education or supervisor training.
- Must be willing to become a KDADS/HOC state approved instructor.
- Adjunct Instructor
- There are multiple openings for this position. Full Class Instructor or Hybrid-Lab/Clinical Instructor, refresher course for Certified Nurse Aide Course.
- Multiple class schedules available: evening class, weekend, or outreach.
- $500 per credit hour - CNA full classroom course - 8-week class at 5 credit hours.
- $500 per credit hour - CNA Hybrid course is 5-week Lab/Clinical only at 2 or 4 credit hours.
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Emily Clouse, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Coordinator of Disabilities, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
1/10/2018 12:00:00 AM