To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Atchison County
Division: Atchison Senior Village
Job Title: Charge Nurse - LPN, RN
Salary: $0 Hourly
Atchison Senior Village is looking for a self-motivated Registered Nurse (RN) or LPN that has the ability to supervise and lead a team.
Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, the Charge Nurse provides oversight and direction for resident care on an assigned shift. The employee will assign duties and direct care according to the plan of care. The occupant of this position is required to maintain an unencumbered Kansas Nursing License. In the absence of the Administrator and Director of Nursing the Charge Nurse directs all unsupervised staff.
- Takes/gives shift report and makes assignments to CNAs and CMAs.
- Gives insulin or other injections as ordered.
- Remains alert to changes in resident status through personal observation and referral by CNAs.
- Assesses and documents any change in resident condition.
- Makes notification of changes in resident condition to family and physician and follows Physician Orders as received.
- Makes daily rounds to observe residents and to determine if nursing needs are being met in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Completes skin assessments and wound care treatments as needed.
- Documents daily behavioral monitoring for those on psychotropic medications.
- Reviews complaints and grievances made or filed by residents, family members and department personnel.
- Communicates with nursing personnel providing clear, concise information as well as specific assignments.
- Supervises, observes and enforces all nursing protocols by aides assigned to the shift.
- Observes and enforces infection control procedures.
- Works cooperatively with residents, staff, consultants, vendors and ancillary service providers.
- Observes the residents as individuals and follows Resident Rights Policies and HIPPA policies at all times.
- Exhibits positive attitude towards position, co-workers, supervisory personnel and members of the general public.
- Implements the written plan of care with the nursing shift being supervised.
- Works as scheduled and consistently demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
- Assists with in-service training for nursing department and others as needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Experience: Professional nursing experience in a long care facility is preferred
- Education: Current, unencumbered Kansas license as a Licensed practical or Registered Nurse.
- Technical Skills: Injections, tube feedings, dressing changes, vital signs, nursing assessments, phlebotomy.
- Problem Solving: Problem solving is a factor in this position. Employee is expected to make good clinical judgements regarding resident care. Employee must accurately assess resident condition when directing daily care and contacting physicians. Must solve staffing issues as they present themselves.
- Decision Making: Employee is expected to use good clinical judgement in determining course of action. Employee is expected to give supervisory direction within their scope of practice. Employee is responsible for determining resident needs and notifying physician or directing staff to meet resident needs.
- Supervision: Little supervision is provided and job related decisions are reviewed by the Director of Nursing. Employee directs, evaluates and supervises all resident care performed by CNA’s and CMA’s and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Financial Accountability: Employee is not directly responsible for budgetary control of the department and does not participate in the department budget process. Employee is in-directly responsible for budgetary control by assuring supplies and manpower is used effectively.
- Personal Relations: Deals frequently with residents, family members, personnel, physicians, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Leadership and supervisory ability and willingness to work harmoniously with professional and nonprofessional personnel
- Working Conditions: Heavy lifting and exposure to blood borne pathogens are factors in this position.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to move, sit, stand, bend and lift intermittently though out the workday. Ability to lift 75 lbs. Must be able to pass job related physical and substance abuse screening.
- Mental Requirements: Ability to read and comprehend facility, county, State, Federal regulations, facility policies and procedures, medical information; to carry out assignment through oral and written instructions; to work under distracting conditions. Ability to recognize and protect confidential information, analyze situations and determine proper response; be attentive for extended periods of time, adapt to different people's behavior and circumstances, control anger and maintain a professional demeanor and remain calm under stress and anger.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
7/13/2018 12:00:00 AM