To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Atchison County
Division: Atchison Senior Village
Job Title: CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
Salary: $10.00 Hourly
Atchison Senior Village
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
Under the supervision of the Charge Nurse, the Nurse’s Aide provides resident care in accordance with the resident’s Plan of Care on an assigned shift. Utilizes accepted standards of safety in all phases of designated duties. Follows objectives and policies that are predetermined by the County of Atchison and follows predetermined nursing protocols set forth by Atchison Senior Village.
- Follows established performance standards and perform duties according to nursing service policies and procedures.
- Reports changes in residents' conditions to Charge Nurse or Nurse Supervisor.
- Reports unusual problems or incidents to Charge Nurse or supervisor.
- Provides direct resident care as assigned and accepts assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
- Conducts resident rounds daily.
- Initiates corrective action as necessary and/or seek assistance of Charge Nurse, Treatment Nurse or Director of Nursing.
- Responsible for the safety of residents under his/her supervision.
- Identifies safety hazards and emergency situations, and initiate corrective action.
- Assumes personal responsibility for following facility procedures related to control of equipment and supplies within the facility.
- Assumes accountability for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the unit assigned and within his/her span of control.
- Documents in the ADL book the care and treatment provided to the resident and the resident's response or lack of response to care provided.
- Gives care to all residents assigned and answers call lights.
- Takes residents to dining room, serves trays, offers snacks and assists with feeding.
- Follows toileting plan and changes incontinent residents as needed.
- Walks ambulatory residents.
- Completes tub baths, showers or bed baths.
- Turns and repositions all bed and chair residents every two hours or more frequently if needed.
- Places bedpans, linen, washbasins and soiled linen in proper area.
- Provides care for residents with catheters and colostomy bags.
- Observes infection control procedures.
- Assists new employees in following established facility policies and procedures.
- Observes residents as individuals and follow Resident's Rights policies at all times.
- Consistently works cooperatively with residents, charge nurses, treatment nurses, restorative aides, other nurse’s aides, physicians, families, and members of the general public.
- Observes all facility safety policies and procedures.
- Works as scheduled and consistently demonstrates dependability and punctuality. Finds own replacement for shift if absent.
- Participates in facility in-services as assigned.
- Participates in resident care conferences and other facility meetings as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Experience: Previous Nursing experience in a long-term care facility is preferred. Expected to have acquired the necessary skills and information to perform the job reasonably well after six (6) months in the position.
- Education: High school diploma or GED. Must maintain current CNA certification from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
- Technical Skills:. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction of varying detail. Ability to perform basic CNA skills and identify change in resident condition.
- Problem Solving: Problem solving exists in this position. Employee is expected to make good clinical judgments regarding resident care.
- Decision-Making: Decision-making exists in this position. Employee is expected to make good clinical judgment in regard to resident condition. Reports unusual resident condition and behavior to Charge Nurse.
- Supervision: General supervision is provided and job related decisions are reviewed by the Charge Nurse. Employee has no supervisory responsibility over subordinate personnel.
- Financial Accountability: Employee does not have direct financial accountability in this position and does not participate in the budget development process. Employee does have indirect financial responsibility by assuring supplies are used effectively and not wasted.
- Appropriate Dress: Appropriate uniform and identification required.
- Personal Relations: Deals frequently with residents, family members, other staff members and the general public. Must be able to maintain good relations.
- Working Conditions: Heavy lifting and exposure to blood borne pathogens are factors in this position.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to move, sit, stand, bend and lift intermittently throughout the workday. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds. Must be able to pass job-related physical and substance abuse screening.
- Mental Requirements: Ability to read and comprehend facility policies and procedures. Ability to protect confidential information, be attentive for extended periods of time, work under distracting conditions, and utilize good judgment. Ability to adapt to different people, behavior and circumstances, to control anger and maintain professional demeanor, and to remain calm under stress and anger.
- Special Requirements: Current CNA certification from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment must be maintained. Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and substance abuse screening. Must meet current Kansas’s regulations regarding criminal background checks.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
5/1/2016 12:00:00 AM