To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: City of Emporia
Department: Police Department
Job Title: Police Officer
Salary: $18.19 Hourly
NEXT TESTING DATE: February 20, 2017 for those that qualify. Information will be sent out before the testing date.
Performs general law enforcement duties which include investigation of crime, apprehension of suspects, enforcement of traffic laws, and the investigation of traffic accidents.
Paid employee health and dental insurance, KP&F retirement program, paid vacation, sick and compensatory leave, performance based pay may increase at annual review period, all uniforms and equipment furnished, excellent basic and advanced educational opportunities.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- Must be United States citizen;
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must never have been convicted of a felony or domestic violence;
- Must possess minimum of High School diploma or GED;
- Must have strong customer service skills;
- Must have knowledge or be willing to adopt a community policing philosophy;
- Must have the ability to successfully complete aptitude (POST), psychological, and physical agility tests;
- Must be able to pass a complete background check (including polygraph);
- Must pass medical exam and drug/alcohol screening following a conditional offer of employment;
- Vision correctable to 20/20;
- Possess valid KS driver’s license;
- Applicants must live in Lyon County or be willing to relocate if selected for employment.
For further information please contact the Captain DeVries at 620-341-4220 or Sgt Risley at 620-341-4344.
If you need accommodations due to a disability to apply for a position please contact City of Emporia ADA Coordinator.
Submit an application through:
- CITY OF EMPORIA
- Human Resources Department
- 515 Market, P.O. Box 928
- Emporia, KS 66801
- Or apply on-line at www.emporia-kansas.gov
1/1/2016 12:00:00 AM