To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Job Title: Part Time Instructor (Adjunct Faculty) Vet Tech Program
Seeking Instructors for new program with WATC starting Spring 2017 term (Jan 2017 -
The Adjunct Faculty Instructor provides subject matter expertise in his/her area of expertise to students enrolled in the Veterinary Technology program. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussion and projects, and/or laboratory instruction. Instruction may include: teaching courses, adhering to lesson plans, meeting course objectives, beginning and ending courses on time as scheduled, adhering to faculty ethical and professional behaviors, and other duties at the discretion of the Program Director or Dean of Health Sciences
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers face to face, hybrid, or online classroom lecture/lab/clinical instructional curriculum to students in a professional manner.
- Prepares and develops curriculum, instructional materials and course schedules (As per KBOR and industry requirements).
- Returns graded work in a timely and consistent manner
- Submits grades by the established due date and assist the registrar in maintaining an accurate record of class enrollment
- Maintains Instructor office hours to prepare and grade student evaluations and lab projects. This time is also utilized to schedule appointments with students as needed.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with program Industry Advocate Team (IAT) members. Activities include scheduling team members as guest speakers, coordination to assist in job placement and possible donations of equipment and supplies.
- Participates in student recruitment and retention activities, including but not limited to high school visits and college activities, such as Open House, a variety of tours and in other college activities.
- Purchases and maintains instructional equipment, meeting industrial safety and operational standards.
- Performs other duties as necessary at the discretion of the Program Director and/or Dean of Health Sciences.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associate degree in Veterinary Technology required, Doctorate (DVM) preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ full time work experience in industry preferred.
- Must possess current licensure/certification/registration as required by profession.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain Veterinary (DVM) or Veterinary Technician Licensure (RVT) in the state of Kansas.
- Teaching experience in adult education preferred.
- Required knowledge of computers and various software applications, including basic knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibits professional, friendly manner to students, staff, administration, visitors, and others
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the immediate instructional area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student or College needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting and/or standing will be required. Data entry/typing is required. Independent travel by car or public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
6/3/2016 12:00:00 AM