To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Department: General Education, Allied Health
Job Title: Part Time Instructor (Adjunct Faculty) Pharmacology
The adjunct faculty member will provide course instruction and assess student learning in his/her area of expertise to students. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussions and projects, and/or clinical and computer laboratory instruction at various College locations. Teaching assignments will include between 1-9 credit hours of courses in the field. Day, afternoon, evening, weekend, and/or on-line classes may be available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relates to students in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for the individual
- Reviews course content with administrator or designee prior to instruction
- Creates and provides students with a detailed syllabus which contains the elements specified on the College syllabus template
- Submits the syllabus/syllabi two weeks before the beginning of class
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time
- Presents instruction in a manner consistent with lesson objectives and course outcomes
- Returns graded work in a timely and consistent manner
- Seeks student feedback to identify and meet student needs
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document student mastery of course objectives
- Performs paperwork related to the assignment, including completion of all required reports
- Maintains classroom environment that supports learning
- Submits grades by the established due date and assist the registrar in maintaining an accurate record of class enrollment
- Maintains records of student achievement in the event of a grade appeal
- Meets with the Dean, Health & Natural Sciences if and as requested; and, maintains close communication regarding any classroom or learning issues that may arise.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degreee, required. Master's degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ full time work experience in industry or part time equivalent of 3 years full time work experience.
- Teaching experience in adult education, preferred.
- Current American Heart Association CPR Professional or For HealthCare Providers. Instructor certification, preferred.
8/23/2016 12:00:00 AM