To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: KanTRAIN Site Coordinator
The KanTRAIN Site Coordinator is responsible to the Director of Workforce Development. The site coordinator is responsible for managing the grant activities included in the KanTRAIN grant, attend required meetings with the grant management team, maintain all student records, ensure that required reporting is completed and submitted in an accurate prior to their respective deadlines. This position will be a full-time position that will be funded through the KanTRAIN grant.
This is a 12 month position funded through the Department of Labor Trade Adjustment Community College and Career Training (TAACCT) Grant. This position depends entirely on continued funding from the Department of Labor TAACCT Grant. Reduction or elimination of these funds will result in reduction or elimination of this position. Funding is expected through September 30, 2017.
A minimum of 1 year of industrial welding experience preferred. Must have a working knowledge of welding industry certifications and requirements, organizational skills, and the ability to develop and maintain industry contacts for training. Computer proficiency necessary, Microsoft office preferred. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. American Welding Society Certification, or NCCER certification preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Site Coordinator serves as the point of contact for the KanTRAIN Grant Management team and coordination of the responsibilities associated with the program at the institution site.
- Establish and maintain records for compliance monitoring.
- Submit quarterly program and financial reports with 15 days of the closing of the quarter.
- Real-time entering of participant data into the KanTRAIN Reporting System.
- Participant file maintenance including reference documents to support participant case management.
- Attend monthly KanTRAIN site team meetings or more frequently as needed.
- Implement SOW work plan as written for the respective site.
- Data management and reporting as required.
- Collaborate with Workforce Centers for participant employment and placement.
- Produce, review and submit deliverables to the grant management team.
- Meet with industry leaders at least quarterly to facilitate innovation and training expansion.
- Participate in advisory committee meetings and program review process.
- Actively recruit and place students into the welding program.
- Assist with all activities that support the welding program.
- Other general duties as assigned.
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
Apply: Position will remain open until filled.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after selection.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Sara Koehn, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Coordinator of Disabilities, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
8/30/2016 12:00:00 AM