To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Health Department
Job Title: Part Time Dental Interpreter
Salary: $9.66 Hourly
Usual working days/hours: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm, 3-7 hours daily, occasional Saturday Health Fair
Location of work: 1900 E. 9th Street N. | Wichita KS
Interprets for the Dental Program in an office setting, and community setting, as needed. Also, provides administrative support for all dental team, as needed, including (but not limited to) answering phones, scheduling appointments, and entering encounter data. Accompany dental team at school screenings, as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
• Interpreting for Dental Program - Interprets for Dental Program in office/community settings.
• Answer Phones/Schedule Appointments - Will fill in at front desk when receptionist/assistant has a patient.
• Transcribing Data - Will assist at school screenings with transcribing data.
• Quality and Accurate Data Entry - Accurately inputs all screening data into Excel spreadsheet for the purpose of grant reporting and KDHE reporting.
• Other clerical tasks
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• One year experience interpreting in a medical setting (doctor's office, hospital, home health)preferred.
• One year experience in fiscal work, billing and/or customer service environment preferred and any relevant experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Fluent in verbal and written Spanish, as verified by testing by the Language Line.
• Fluent in verbal and written English.
• Knowledge of office procedures, methods, and equipment
• Knowledge of Health Department programs and eligibility, or ability to learn such knowledge
• Knowledge of KIPHS or ability to learn such knowledge
• Knowledge of Windows based programs such as Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Ability to maintain high accuracy
• Detail oriented
• Team player with the ability to work with a diverse staff and client population
• All Health Department positions require valid Drivers License and proof of Liability Insurance
• Any relevant experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Background & MVR Check • Pre-Employment Drug Screen
• Computer • Copier • Fax
• Clinic setting with occasional community settings. • Sit at computer for extended periods of time. • Ability to lift up to 40 pounds may be necessary at times.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
9/26/2016 12:00:00 AM
8/13/2017 11:59:59 PM