To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Division: Department of Aging
Job Title: Part-time Driver
Salary: $11.56 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual Working Days/Hours: Must be able to work 15-20 hours a week, Monday - Friday. Must be able to work during the hours of 6:00 am - 10:00 am & 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm.
Location of Work: West River Plaza | 2622 W. Central, Suite 500, Wichita, KS
- To provide eligible Sedgwick County residents with ramp accessible, door-to-door transportation in a safe and timely manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive various commercial motor vehicles.
- Knowledge of wheelchair lift functions.
- Ability to push a wheelchair with passenger up/down ramps that could be in excess of 250 pounds.
- Load/unload and secure individuals that utilize varied medical equipment and bags.
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections on assigned vehicle(s).
- Identify need to maintenance vehicle from pre or post inspections, at required mileage or as issue occur - report to Dispatch/and Supervisor for scheduling with Fleet Mechanics.
- Regular cleanings of the interior and exterior (weather permitting) of vehicle and fuel prior to post inspection of vehicles.
- Record keeping of passenger trip, time, mileage via iPad/paper and fare collections (receipt and punch card creation).
- Data entry into scheduling software maintenance (fueling-gallons) and start and end daily mileage.
- Bilingual staff will interpret, as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Five years passenger driving experience or equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and competencies.
- Knowledge of area geography and road signage. Ability to read maps.
- Office knowledge of multi-line phone, Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, Outlook and database programs.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle, and meet Driver Qualification standards as set forth in Sedgwick County's Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage policy.
- Current medical physical exam card qualifying individual to drive a commercial motor vehicle, or was granted a skill performance evaluation certificate.
- Valid Kansas CDL A or B preferred
- DMV & KBI background checks.
- Pre-employment drug screen.
- Vehicle: Cutaway buses with mechanical wheelchair lifts and ramp accessible minivans or equivalent.
- Office: Use of iPad, Personal Computer, Copier/Fax/Scanner, Multi-line Phone, Printers.
- Maintenance: Wash Bins, Fueling Pumps, Vacuum, Broom, Mop, Cleaning Supplies.
- Work is performed 90% in the field driving in all road and weather conditions, vehicle maintenance and inspection, and assisting passengers which may include pushing wheelchairs.
- Approximately 10% of time will be in an office setting.
Sedgwick County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County Acting ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7054, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
11/10/2016 12:00:00 AM
6/13/2017 11:59:59 PM