To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Job Title: Assistant City Manager
Salary: $0 Annually
POSITION TITLE: Assistant City Manager
OPENING DATE: November 1, 2016
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
BEGINNING SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under direction of the City Manager, the Assistant City Manager (ACM) is an exempt position assisting in the planning, directing, management and review of the activities and operations of the city. Performs high level administrative work in analyzing, controlling, recommending and supervising the implementation of policy concerning managerial, operational, and financial matters as assigned. Coordinates city services and activities among city departments and with outside agencies; has day to day oversight of Community Development and Planning; and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the City Manager. The ACM assumes full operating authority and responsibility in the absence of the City Manager. First review of candidates will be 1/1/17.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- Master’s degree in Public Administration or related field.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience and progressive responsibility in public administration
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, concepts, theories, and practices of public administration and management, public policy development, community relations, and governmental finance and budgeting.
- Knowledge of community planning, economic development, project management, infrastructure and capital project financing and administration, grant administration and coordination, employment supervision.
- Excellent written oral and written communication skills, including working effectively with the media, and developing and maintaining working relationships within the City organization and the community as a whole.
- Must pass drug screen, polygraph, and background check upon conditional offer of employment.
- Must be resident of Lyon County or willing to relocate.
Submit an application through:
City of Emporia
Human Resources Department
515 Market, P.O. Box 928
or apply on-line at: www.emporia-kansas.gov
If you need accommodations due to a disability to apply for this position please contact, City of Emporia ADA Coordinator at 620-343-4291.
11/1/2016 12:00:00 AM