To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Job Title: Paramedic
Salary: $0 Hourly
POSITION TITLE: Paramedic (7 positions)
OPENING DATE: November 21, 2016
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
BEGINNING SALARY: $13.71-19.25 per hour Depending on Qualifications
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under the supervision of a Fire Captain, the Paramedic performs specialized work in providing advanced life saving services (EMS) and the prevention of medical and trauma related issues. EMS duties include responding with ambulance service to emergency medical service calls, transporting sick and injured persons in response area and participating in public education activities. Duties also include maintaining department equipment and apparatus. Duties follow prescribed policies and procedures, but independent judgment may be required in certain circumstances.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- One to three years EMS experience is preferred. The employee in this position is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform all assignments after one year in the position.
- High school diploma or GED is required. Additional education as required by certifying agency. Certification/licensure: Certification as Paramedic in the state of Kansas
Requires a regular Class B Kansas driver's license and maintain an insurable driving record. Must maintain all required certifications and licenses.
- Knowledge of EMS methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Ability to operate all EMS and rescue equipment, EMS apparatus, and other department equipment as necessary.
- Good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills and the ability to receive and interpret written and oral instructions.
- Physically able to manually move, lift, carry, or push extremely heavy (200 lbs or more) objects and the ability to ascend and descend ladders using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. The ability to work in high places maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and the ability to successfully pass physical activity tests is also required.
- Upon conditional offer of employment must pass physical exam & drug/alcohol screening and background check.
- Must reside within Lyon or surrounding county or relocate upon employment.
If you need accommodations due to a disability please contact, City of Emporia ADA Coordinator at 620-343-4291
11/21/2016 12:00:00 AM