To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Assistant Volleyball Coach
Analyzes performance and instructs student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition; observes players while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement; and coaches players individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of sport coached.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Assists the Head Coach with:
- Instructing student athletes in the rules, regulations, and techniques to be success in the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group conditioning, training, practice activities/exercises as directed by the Head Coach.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players academic and athletic efforts as well as competition and practice, and keeps the Head Coach informed on all matters
- Assists with game preparation and game strategy including but not limited to scouting, game film and network with other opponents.
- Supervising athletes during practices, condition, training, and competition.
- Follows established procedures communicates with training staff in regards to athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security as well as equipment and contents.
- Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to student athletes as directed by the Head Coach.
- Assists the Head Coach with coordinating efforts to assist the student athlete to playing at the next level.
- Performs support tasks such as collecting, filing, and distributing of eligibility documents, all statistical information, and other related records.
- Coordinates recruitment of high quality student-athletes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of policies, procedures, rules, code of conduct and eligibility requirements of the Kansas Junior College Athletic Association, Region VI and the National Junior College Athletic Association By-Laws through all aspects of recruiting, eligibility, practice and recruiting.
- Motivate the student/athlete to engage in college and community life as well as make a positive contribution to society on and off campus.
- Demonstrate leadership on our campus through the recruitment, development of athletic team and support of other college programs.
- Assist Head Coach in Management of proposed fiscal year budget.
- Make every effort to cast a positive public perception to Garden City Community College and the community of Garden City.
- Assist in supervise and monitor all aspects of team travel.
- Completion Defensive Driving Course with in first 45 days of employment.
- Attend the new scheduled New Employee Orientation
- Copy on Driver’s License on file in the first 14 days of employment or before you drive a company vehicle whichever comes first.
- Completion Bloodborne Pathogens in first 30 days.
- Assist Head Coach in cooperation and coordinate of all schedules and roster deadlines for NJCAA, Region VI, and KJCCC eligibility, college media functions and other athletic department requests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Associate Degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
Apply: Position will remain open until filled.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after selection.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Sara Koehn, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Coordinator of Disabilities, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
12/13/2016 12:00:00 AM