To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Geary County
Division: Health Department
Job Title: Health Nurse I - RN
Salary: $18.45 Hourly
GEARY COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Health Nurse I - RN
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary Range: RN $18.45 - DOQ
Reports To: Nursing Director
Department: Public Health Date: August, 2016
The job duties of the Health Nurse I include but are not limited to ensure that women have access to contraception in order to prevent unplanned pregnancies; to provide education to women about pap smears, breast exams, STI testing and other services that are available; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the Health Nurse I might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any County Resolutions for the position of Health Nurse I. This position description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Geary County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Schedule family planning and well woman appointments.
- Perform clinical assessments.
- Assist Nurse Practitioner with exams.
- Perform STI testing.
- Administer treatment for STIs.
- Provide clients with test results
- Provide clients with Early Detection Works Information
- Provide clients with information regarding Family Planning and STIs.
- Schedule pharmacy inspection.
- Order contraceptives and clinic supplies.
- Ensure clinic is stocked with supplies.
- Complete client charting.
- Complete Family Planning Report.
- Organize Family Planning Advisory Board Meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required at the time of hire or for the continuation of employment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Registered Nurse certification.
- Minimum of six (6) months of nursing experience.
- Nursing experience in women’s and sexual health preferred.
- Kansas Registered Nursing License required.
- CPR Certification required.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- A valid Kansas driver’s license required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the public.
- Ability to take control of situations in a responsible manner.
- Ability to comprehend, retain and apply County, State, and Federal policies and legislation, i.e. local resolutions and ordinances, procedure manuals, warning labels, etc.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to operate various types of equipment – standard office equipment, computer and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Other equipment could be required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional and friendly manner with customers, citizens, co-workers and management.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to communicate and convey information regarding policies and processes to others in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to respond to complaints and grievances posed by the public.
- Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 20 pounds), grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works primarily in an office setting.
- Due to the volume, scope, size of staff and nature of public service this office provides, full-time regular attendance is essential.
12/29/2016 12:00:00 AM