To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Job Title: Police Records Clerk
Salary: $11.68 Hourly
POSITION TITLE: Police Records Technician
OPENING DATE: January 5, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
BEGINNING SALARY: $11.68 per hour
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under general supervision, the Police Records Technician collects, separates and distributes police reports and traffic citations; files reports and maintains the department records filing system; inputs data; and assists department members and the public in obtaining police reports and information.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- A strong mathematical aptitude is needed for this position.
- Strong keyboarding skills are required.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Proven experience in using all types of office equipment.
- Ability to efficiently operate computer and willingness to learn new programs.
- Possess situational reasoning skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess valid Kansas driver's license.
- Able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Must pass drug screen, polygraph, and background check upon conditional offer of employment.
- Must be resident of Lyon County or willing to relocate.
Information or applications are not available through the Police Department. Please visit Human Resources.
Submit an application through:
City of Emporia
Human Resources Department
515 Market, P.O. Box 928
or apply on-line at: www.emporia-kansas.gov
If you need accommodations due to a disability to apply for this position please contact, City of Emporia ADA Coordinator at 620-343-4291.
1/5/2017 12:00:00 AM