To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Job Title: City Engineer
POSITION TITLE: City Engineer
OPENING DATE: January 4, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SALARY RANGE: $70,147 - $105,221 Depend on Qualifications
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under general policy direction, the City Engineer plans, implements, and directs a comprehensive public infrastructure program that will insure sound development, maintenance, and service to the public consistent with city commission policy and with the federal and state regulation. This position serves as chief engineer in the design and construction of streets, sanitary sewers, water lines, storm sewers, structures, and other facilities and is a technical advisor to the City Manager. Individual judgment and difficult decision making is required. First review of applications will be February 24, 2017.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field, plus six years of progressively responsible engineering and public works experience, including four years in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer in the state of Kansas or able to become registered.
- Possess extensive knowledge of modern principles and practices as related to Public Works services, facilities and structures and willingness to continually upgrades this knowledge.
- Must have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills;
- Capable of effectively and properly representing the City at all times in contact with the public, employees, and other City officials, and outside units of government.
- Must reside in Lyon County or relocate upon employment;
- Ability to pass a physical exam, drug/alcohol screen and background check following a conditional employment offer.
Submit and application/resume through:
City of Emporia
Human Resource Department
515 Market, PO box 928
Emporia KS 66801
or apply on-line at: www.emporia-kansas.gov
If you need accommodations due to a disability please contact, City of Emporia ADA Coordinator
1/4/2017 12:00:00 AM