To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Part Time Therapist | Children’s Services
Salary: $20.56 Hourly
Usual working days/hours: Varied hours, varied days
Location of work: 350 S. Broadway | Wichita, KS
To see what it is like to work for Sedgwick County COMCARE, click here.
To provide assessment and diagnosis, individual, group, play therapy and family therapy to children with Serious Emotional Disturbance and their families in the Family and Children's Community Services Clinic. Strong emphasis on wrap-around, community-based service delivery model. Computer documentation of all services in a timely manner is required. This is an excellent opportunity for qualified individuals interested in supplementing their income with a rewarding part-time employment opportunity. The position offers flexible hours in the evenings and/or on the weekends.
Essential Job Functions:
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Play therapy
- Documentation of service activity in PsychConsult
- Utilization and Review
- Must be an individual who meets the criteria for a qualified mental health practitioner(QMHP),licensed in Kansas by the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board at the master's level or higher.
- Significant experience working with children and families is preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with patients, the general public and all levels of staff.
- Ability to keep client documentation current.
- Possess the awareness and judgment to intervene appropriately when dealing with escalating emotional situations.
- Possess the ability to negotiate several flights of stairs at a time and move effectively in varied settings throughout the community.
- Possess the mobility and judgment to execute personal protective measures.
- Able to calmly and effectively deal with agitated individuals or high risk situations.
- Demonstrate autonomous critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate good professional judgment and decision-making skills.
- Able to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to handle competing urgent priorities. • Possess basic or intermediate computer skills: able to learn complex software related to an electronic medical record. • Must have and maintain a valid Kansas Driver's license, current proof of automobile insurance and be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Background checks including by not limited to KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry
- Motor vehicle screens
- Urine drug screen.
PC, copier, fax, Microsoft office, Electronic Medical Record, Outlook
Primary environment is an office setting.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
1/20/2017 12:00:00 AM
11/14/2017 11:59:59 PM