To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Division: Public Works
Job Title: Maintenance Worker II - Sanitation
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Worker II-Sanitation
OPENING DATE: June 1, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
BEGINNING SALARY: $12.50-17.70 per hour Depending on Qualifications
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
CDL Drivers Needed
Under the supervision of the foreman, the Maintenance Worker II is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the refuse collection crew and heavy equipment used in the collection of refuse. The refuse driver determines if overweight and hazardous items placed out for pick-up can be taken. This employee performs minor maintenance on equipment, maintains and updates account charges, maintains safety, first aid equipment and supplies on the truck; notifies proper personnel of needed container repairs; other duties as assigned and or required. A valid CDL is required.
The employee is required to perform physical work requiring lifting, frequently involving extreme weights. Duties often require work to be performed in undesirable physical conditions of extreme cold, heat, and/or dampness.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- Valid CDL License (with air brakes) and safe driving record required.
- One to three years heavy truck driving experience is required.
- Ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written instructions as well as accurately complete written reports and required documentation.
- Possess knowledge of the use and maintenance of hand tools and construction equipment.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must possess high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to pass a physical exam, drug/alcohol screen and background check following a conditional employment offer.
- City policy requires employees to reside in Lyon county or surrounding area.
If you need accommodations due to a disability please contact the City of Emporia ADA Coordinator.
6/1/2017 12:00:00 AM