To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Department: County Treasurer
Job Title: Treasurer - Tag Clerk
Salary: $13.07 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
AFTER YOU APPLY, THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT YOU TAKE A Typing (35 WPM), 10 KEY (5000 KPH) and Data Entry (5000KPH) TEST IN ORDER TO HAVE YOUR APPLICATION CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Prior to taking the required tests your must register online at www.kansasworks.com (click on Job Seekers to Create a Profile).
After your profile is created you must take your test at the Wichita Workforce Center located at 2021 N. Amidon, Suite 1100, Wichita, KS 67203. There is no appointment necessary.
The hours are: Monday-Thursday: 8:00AM-5:00PM (Must arrive by 4:30PM to Test), Friday: 9:00AM-5:00PM (Must arrive by 4:30PM to Test)
Usual working days/hours: Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
Job Objectives: Perform complex clerical work in fiscal operations involving the computation, compilation, collection, and processing of tags, titles, and registrations. Receives, receipts, records, and accounts for funds.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists citizens over the telephone and in person by providing assistance regarding taxes, titles and fees.
- Receives, receipts, records, and accounts for funds. Computes and collects taxes, fees.
- Uses a computer to enter information into an automated centralized accounting system and verifies accuracy of input; processes information in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Collects taxes; screens citizens for delinquent taxes, runs adding machine tapes to balance accounts.
- Knowledge of office methods and procedures and familiarity with standard office equipment including accounting or bookkeeping methods.
- Ability to make complex and varied arithmetic computations and calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to operate various standard office machines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Skill in the operation of calculator and PC.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day.
Typing @ 35 wpm, data entry @ 5000 kph & 10-key @ 5000 kph
PC, Calculator, Copier
Pooled: 20000153 , 20007907
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
2/2/2017 12:00:00 AM
2/28/2017 11:59:59 PM