To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Department: Vehicle Maintenance
Job Title: Vehicle Mechanic
Salary: $0 Hourly
POSITION TITLE: Mechanic - Vehicle Maintenance
OPENING DATE: January 30, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
BEGINNING SALARY: $13.62 – $19.29 Depends on Qualifications
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under the supervision of the Warehouse Shop Manager the Mechanic in Vehicle Maintenance performs preventive service maintenance on all City vehicles, light, and heavy duty equipment. Mechanical duties are varied: routine oil and filter changes, electrical systems, air and hydraulic brake systems, welding and fabrication, tire rotation, and other preventative tasks. The mechanic also monitors fleet vehicles by hours or miles; schedules repair or routine maintenance time with department(s) involved; Keeps shop area and tools clean and organized. Performs other duties as assigned. The City of Emporia has a wide variety of equipment and offers an individual an opportunity to broaden their knowledge. First review of applications will be February 15, 2017.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- One to three years vehicle maintenance and repair required;
- High School diploma or GED is required; technical training preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of auto and heavy equipment diagnostics and repair; of hydraulics and electronics.
- Metal fabrication and welding experience is preferred in this position.
- Ability to read and interpret diagrams and service manuals.
- Ability to perform manual labor with all tools and equipment. Which include bending, pushing, reaching, pulling, twisting, kneeling and laying under heavy equipment.
- Must be able to work with and around petroleum products, exhaust fumes, unpleasant odors and working conditions.
- Must have good decision and problem solving skills.
- Valid Kansas driver's license required.
- Must reside within Lyon or surrounding county.
- Must be able to pass physical exam, drug screen, and background check upon conditional offer of employment.
If you need accommodations due to a disability to apply for this position, please contact the City of Emporia ADA Coordinator.
1/30/2017 12:00:00 AM