To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Pratt Community College
Job Title: Coordinator of College Relations & Student Services Assistant
Please visit www.prattcc.edu to submit PCC Employment Application, resume and copies of transcripts. AA/EO
General Description and Purpose
The Coordinator of College Relations & Student Services Assistant is responsible for coordination of a comprehensive community engagement program which allows students and employees to network and serve the community, including Club 62, Beavers, in Action, the All-Employee Service group and representation at major community events. The Coordinator is responsible for coordinating information sessions for new students, community/business/services fair, a diversity awareness program and a Beaver Parent program, as well as other special programs. The coordinator will provide support for other student services, including but not limited to admissions, students recruitment, residence life, student life, students success and retention.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate special events including holiday, community open house, dedications, workshops, kid’s rodeo exhibition, businesses on campus fair, etc. Oversee event timelines, ordering, and logistics.
- Establish a campus environment which is unique and student focused and incorporates services, communication campaigns, visual strategies for events, programs and projects.
- Establish a series of community events/activities that engage employees and students with the community and provide networking opportunity.
- Serve as the institutional contact for community service projects, tracking and reporting.
- Provide meaningful opportunities for students to volunteer their time and energy in response to voiced community needs. To assure that the community service of students is beneficial and effective for both student volunteers and the community. Serve as sponsor for key service organization.
- Assist with key campus events and activities as requested. Assist with hosting campus tours for recruiting and/or other special events as needed.
- Serve as the institutional contact for community service projects. Track community service hours performed by employees, student clubs/organizations and the athletic department. Track required service hours for Above & Beyond Scholars and Pratt County Senior Grant recipients. Submit the annual President’s Community Service Honor Roll application.
- Develop services, communication, activities catering to the needs of the college’s non-traditional students to connect them more closely to the college.
- Work with student clubs and organizations to incorporate activities with general promotional calendar and annual community report.
- Implement initiatives to strengthen retention of students.
- Coordinate and/or oversee the following: Club 62 program for community members, a new student information session for non-athletes, a community/business/services fair, a diversity awareness initiative, Beaver Parent program.
- Accept appointment to and participate in committees as assigned.
- Assist and support Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) and continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives and projects as requested.
- Participate in college events including: Beaver Building Days, college fairs, job fairs and other public events as requested.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of summer events for prospective high school students.
- Assist with communication and coordination of the College Start Program as needed.
- Writing and distribution of press releases, feature stories and editorial copy regarding institutional activities, faculty, students, key events, honors, trips and public service announcements.
- Assists in managing and developing strategies to enhance the college’s public image.
- Coordinate and/or take photos and video related to college events, programs, students, and employees as needed.
- Maintain a master list of college patrons providing service, support and assistance and recognize them annually through special communication or acknowledgement.
- Assist in coordinating and scheduling exhibits in the Riney Art Gallery
- Coordinate, schedule and manage the college’s representative at the state and county fairs and other public events where the college should be represented.
- Coordinate communication with student clubs and organizations and other key student organizations as requested to ensure projects and activities are promoted and service hours tracked.
- Participate in college events including: Beaver Building Days, college fairs, job fairs and other public events.
- Assist with special programs, events or activities as needed and serve as the campus liaison for key events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Students and Enrollment Management and President.
- Assist with admissions duties related to new student recruitment, campus tours, communication to prospects and/or special recruiting events.
- Assist with student advising, testing administration and/or enrollment processing as needed.
- Assist with retention initiatives and/or new student orientation.
- Assist with new student transcript and degree processing as needed.
- Assist with communication to prospective and enrolled students through social media, direct mail, email and/or personal contact as needed.
- Assist with campus events related to admissions, enrollment, and college relations as needed.
- Assist with student life initiatives including student activities, intramurals and special events as needed.
- Assist with maintenance of web content as needed.
- Assist with daily supervision of the recreation center as needed.
- Participate in travel assignments by visiting high schools, attending college planning conference or other recruiting events as requested.
- Show support for college events and programs through participation and attendance.
- Express support for a collaborative work ethic and philosophy of higher education that is compatible with the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Maintain effective communication with the department staff, Vice President of Students/Enrollment Management and President as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the functional area Director/Coordinator, the Vice President of Students/Enrollment Management and/or President.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
- Work with key staff, including the Director of Admissions/CTE College Start and the Coordinator of Marketing Communications, Director of Residence Life and Director of Athletics.
- Maintain frequent contact with vice presidents, faculty, and others regarding activities on campus.
- Assist in coordination of campus special events.
- Serve on teams and committees and work with student leaders and clubs/organization to establish awareness of diversity through events and initiatives.
- Plan, develop, and coordinate special programs, events and initiatives.
- Assist with the delivery of support services to special student populations as needed.
Supervises the Following Staff
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Ability to sustain communication with diverse groups, anticipate problems, reconcile conflicts and maintain a strong philosophical base for student activities.
- Working knowledge of all media---print, visual and audio.
- Ability to prepare press releases, public service announcements and communication messages for all media, including social media.
- Effectively work with various public and diverse populations.
- Digital photography skills and related technology preferred.
- Understanding of the mission and philosophy of community colleges.
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent management skills.
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Application in general design principles preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Ability to continuously evaluate and improve the institution’s public relations and communications program.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, team-oriented.
- Able to effectively organize time and tasks and willing to travel.
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers, students, families, small and large groups, etc.
- Desire to assist a diverse group of students and people to improve their lives through education, training and personal development.
- Must be of sound character capable of serving as role model with a high degree of ethical standards and excellent leadership ability.
- Ability to represent the college professionally including: personal appearance, wardrobe attire, communication skills and conduct.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and enthusiastic professional.
- Ability to effectively organize time and tasks.
- Able to take instructions and work independently.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and willingness to travel throughout Kansas independently.
- Strong computer and electronic systems skills.
- Ability to provide strong leadership and direction for projects, students and work groups.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills required. Decisions directly impact college enrollment and retention.
- Ability to work successfully with other employees, students, prospective students, business and school partners.
- Ability to represent the college in an official capacity on a regular basis.
- Experience and appreciation of civic engagement and leadership.
- Two years experience in business, communications, recreation, student personnel, public relations, leadership or comparable area preferred
- Two years experience in coordinating programs special event planning preferred.
- Experience working in a college setting preferred.
- Civic engagements service and experience required.
- Experience in working in higher education preferred.
- Experience in coordinating programs and people successfully preferred.
Bachelor degree in communications, public relations, leadership, business, student personnel or related field is preferred.
Work is performed primarily in an office setting on the campus. Must be able to walk across campus and access various types of buildings. May involve some travel.
Position requires evening and weekend work.
2/17/2017 12:00:00 AM