To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: EMS - Patient Billing Representative | Administration
Salary: $13.716 Hourly
AFTER YOU APPLY, THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT YOU TAKE A Typing (45 WPM), 10 KEY (7500KPH), Data Entry (7500 KPH) TEST IN ORDER TO HAVE YOUR APPLICATION CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Prior to taking the required tests your must register online at www.kansasworks.com (click on Job Seekers to Create a Profile).
After your profile is created you must take your test at the Wichita Workforce Center located at 2021 N. Amidon, Suite 1100, Wichita, KS 67203. There is no appointment necessary.
The hours are: Monday-Thursday: 8:00AM-5:00PM (Must arrive by 4:30PM to Test), Friday: 9:00AM-5:00PM (Must arrive by 4:30PM to Test)
Usual working days/hours: Monday - Friday | 8 AM - 5 PM
Location of work: 934 N. Water | Wichita, KS
To see what it is like to work for Sedgwick County COMCARE, click here.
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the day-to-day coding of ambulance runs and the daily billing functions of the EMS (Ambulance) billing activities in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles relating to health care and the Sedgwick County Health and Human Services division as may be directed by the billing team leader.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process EMS transports
- Validate / verify patient demographics/insurance information
- Utilize various websites to search for and validate patient insurance eligibility
- Accurately set up coverage information on the patient in the billing software
- Review patient care reports to pull out details of an ambulance run/level of care and apply appropriate ICD10 and/or CPT codes to each claim
- Manage debt setoff collections and answer related questions from callers
- Turn new accounts over for collection
- Make on-line adjustments to debts as needed
- Answer calls on billing issues from payers and or clients
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in insurance claim filing plus coursework in bookkeeping, auditing, medical terminology, or related field highly preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid guidelines preferred
- Knowledge of CPT/HCPCS codes preferred
- Certified Ambulance Coder (CAC) preferred
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Ability to work well with others, maintain confidential information, and follow complex oral and written instructions
- Skills testing required prior to being considered:
- Typing - Minimum score 45 WPM
- 10-Key - Minimum score 7500 KPH
- Data Entry - Minimum score 7500 KP
- Skills testing required after interview:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail assessment
- KBI, DMV & DCF background checks
- Pre-employment drug screen
• PC, copier, fax, Microsoft office, Electronic Medical Record, Outlook
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
2/13/2017 12:00:00 AM
4/13/2017 11:59:59 PM