To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Department: General Education
Job Title: Part Time Instructor (Adjunct Faculty) Business Administration
Adjunct pay is assigned by course load and is specific to credit hours taught and degree/credential of the instructor, typically $475 - $631 per credit hour of instrucation. Looking for instructors for all mediums (daytime, evening and on-line) for Fall 2017
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties will be modified as needed; work assignments and schedule are based on the needs of the college.
The adjunct faculty member will provide course instruction and assess student learning in his/her area of expertise to students. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussions and projects, and/or computer laboratory instruction at various College locations. Teaching assignments may include day, afternoon, evening, weekend, and/or on-line classes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relates to students in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for the individual.
- Reviews course content with Lead Faculty or designee prior to instruction.
- Creates and provides students with a detailed syllabus which contains the elements specified on the College syllabus template.
- Submits the syllabus/syllabi two weeks before the beginning of class.
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time.
- Presents instruction in a manner consistent with lesson objectives and course outcomes.
- Returns graded work in a timely and consistent manner.
- Seeks student feedback to identify and meet student needs.
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document student mastery of course objectives.
- Performs paperwork related to the assignment, including completion of all required reports.
- Maintains classroom environment that supports learning.
- Submits grades by the established due date and assists the registrar in maintaining an accurate record of class enrollment.
- Maintains records of student achievement in the event of a grade appeal.
- Meets with the Chief Academic Officer as requested, and maintains close communication regarding any classroom or learning issues that may arise.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook applications.
- Complies with hiring requirements of College.
- Ability to communicate with employees, management, other areas of the organization, in person, on the phone and by written communications in a clear straight-forward and professional manner.
For Career & Technical Education courses:
- Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years work experience in industry. (May be waived in exceptional cases if a full-time WATC instructor is identified as Instructor of Record.)
- Teaching experience in adult education, preferred.
- Possess current licensure/certification/registration as required by profession.
For General Education courses:
- Master’s degree in discipline, required or Master’s degree in related area with 18 hours of coursework in discipline.
- Teaching experience in adult education preferred.
Attendance at regularly scheduled meetings and in-services, as well as at meetings that may be scheduled on an impromptu basis. There may be occasional travel between the College locations. Working hours may fluctuate based upon college deadlines, projects being undertaken, and the types of services needing to be provided. Invest the necessary time in performing all tasks necessary in order to accomplish assigned work.
2/13/2017 12:00:00 AM