To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Division: Underground Utilities
Job Title: Maintenance Worker I-Underground Utilities
||$11.68 - 16.54 Depends on Qualifications
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under the supervision of the Underground Utility Foreman, the Maintenance Worker I is a non-exempt position which performs work in the installation and maintenance of all underground utilities, which includes the potable water distribution system, sanitary sewer system, and storm water drainage system. The employee in this position performs skilled and unskilled work along with heavy manual labor.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
· No experience necessary but 1 to 2 years experience in related construction is preferred
· Ability to operate tapping machines, boom truck, dump truck, backhoe, jet rodders, monitor equipment, friction saw, hand and power tools, metro-tech, and other related equipment
· Experience in problem-solving and decision making
· Must have the ability to climb in and out of and work in confined spaces and trenches, walk over rough terrain. And the ability to perform physical activity such as lifting, bending, stooping, and digging
· Ability to read and interpret map books and flow charts
· Ability to communicate in a courteous manner and to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and the public
· Possess valid Kansas driver’s license
· Possess high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Ability to pass a physical exam, drug/alcohol screening, and background check upon conditional offer of employment
City policy requires employees to reside in Lyon County or surrounding county.
If you need accommodations due to a disability to apply for this position please contact, City of Emporia ADA Coordinator.
6/1/2017 12:00:00 AM
11/30/2017 11:59:59 PM