To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Division: Civic Building/Operation
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Foreman
||$14.85 - 21.03 per hour. Depends on Qualifications
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under the supervision of the Public Lands & Facilities Maintenance Manager the Facilities Maintenance Foreman directly supervises staff responsible for operations, maintenance, and repair of the Civic Auditorium, surrounding grounds and equipment. The Foreman plans, schedules, allocates resources, and ensures the efficient operation and maintenance of the facilities and surrounding area. The foreman will collaborate with the facilities manager to ensure that events scheduled to take place in the Civic Auditorium are staffed and prepared for. This position is currently scheduled to work 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM Mon. – Fri. with some weekends and additional hours during peak season. While we always prefer that employees live within Lyon County, our residency policy has recently been amended. Employees are required to reside within Lyon county or the counties immediately surrounding.
First set of applications will be reviewed after February 27, 2017.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- One to three years of general maintenance and repair experience required. Progressive responsibilities in the area of supervision of projects and other employees
- High School diploma or GED is required. Technical or college degree in facilities management or related field preferred
- Proven multi-project organizational skills
- Knowledge and ability in basic plumbing, contracting, boiler works, and electrical repairs
- Ability to communicate effectively and build strong working relationships with outside vendors and internal customers
- Experience in use and maintenance of tractors, mowers and hand tools helpful
- Must have ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions, ability to climb and balance on ladders, scaffolding and cat walks
- Possess valid Kansas driver's license
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Ability to pass a physical exam, drug/alcohol screen and background check following a conditional employment offe
If you need accommodations due to a disability please contact, City of Emporia ADA Coordinator.
2/13/2017 12:00:00 AM