To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Division: Undeground Utilities
Job Title: Maintenance Worker III-Undeground Utilities
||$13.62 - $19.29 per our. Depends on Qualifications
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under the supervision of the Underground Utilities Foreman. The maintenance worker III is a non-exempt position which performs skilled and semi-skilled work in the repair and maintenance of water and sewer mains, water meters and fire hydrants. The employee in this position performs heavy manual labor and operates specialized equipment.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- Three to five years of construction experience or water/sewer distribution is required
- Thorough knowledge of water and sewer distribution system and repair and maintenance standards. Thorough knowledge of concrete preparation and finishing. Thorough knowledge of safety requirements and procedures in work assignments
- The ability to read and interpret map books and flow charts. The ability to analyze information and take corrective action. The ability to operate a tapping machine, boom truck, dump truck, jack hammer, hydra-stop machine, metro-tech, hand tools and other related equipment
- Ability to pass physical exam, drug/alcohol screening, and background check following a conditional offer of employment
- Must possess High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- A current valid Kansas driver's license and CDL are required for this position
- Must be resident of Lyon County, a surrounding county, or relocate upon employment
If you need accommodations due to a disability to apply for this position please contact the City of Emporia ADA Coordinator.
10/7/2016 12:00:00 AM