To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Job Title: Maintenance Worker I-Street
||$11.68 - 16.54 Depends on Qualifications
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under the supervision of the Street Supervisor, the Maintenance Worker I-Street Dept. is a non-exempt position which maintains and repairs the city streets. This employee is responsible for street patching, sealing and stripping, snow removal and public easement maintenance.
Maintenance Workers are required to use a variety of hand tools and/or other equipment; and perform physical work requiring lifting, frequently involving extreme weights. Duties often require work to be performed in undesirable physical conditions and/or extreme weather conditions.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
Ability to learn street maintenance and repair, concrete framing and road construction.
- Able to learn how to operate a loader, dump truck, salt spreader and other related department equipment.
- One to three years construction or street maintenance and repair experience is preferred. The employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonably well within six months to one year in the position.
- Ability to read, understand and carry out oral and written instructions; accurately complete written reports and required documentation
- Must possess a current valid Kansas driver's license (CDL preferred)
- Ability to pass physical exam, drug/alcohol screening, and background check following a conditional offer of employment
- Must possess High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- City policy requires employees to reside in Lyon County or surrounding Counties.
If you need accommodations due to a disability please contact the City of Emporia ADA Coordinator.
6/1/2017 12:00:00 AM