To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: COMCARE- Director of Crisis and Outpatient Services
Salary: $62297.07 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours: Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, some evening work, on call as needed
Location of work: 635 N. Main | Wichita, KS
Performs professional and administrative work in the plan, design and coordination for delivery of clinical services for individuals seeking routine and crisis outpatient intervention for psychiatric and addiction problems.
Essential Job Functions:
• Serves on the COMCARE Strategy Team as an essential part of the management structure of the department
• Represents COMCARE on local and state meetings and committees • Designs and implements evidence-based program and services
• Hires, supervises and evaluates staff for Crisis, Addiction Treatment Services, Outpatient Services and Offender Assessment Programs in accordance with Sedgwick County policies and procedures.
• Conducts regularly scheduled supervision sessions with direct reports
• Ensures new staff orientation and ongoing staff training occur; assures adequate opportunity for staff to maintain licensure and registration as required by the State of Kansas
• Participates in short and long term strategic planning • Monitors budget to assure program operations are within budget parameters
• Works with the Strategy Team to develop internal policies for COMCARE using the Strategic Management Plan
• Initiates program design changes in response to changing service needs, resources and advances in the field
• Works with other community providers and agencies regarding shared clients
• Monitors licensing regulations and insures that programs are within licensing parameters set by state and federal funding sources
• Monitors state and federal grant opportunities and assists with the application process to maintain and enhance services for target population
• Ensures compliance with regulations and policies • Performs related work as required
• Clinical Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Psychology or Nursing • Five or more years’ experience in a community mental health setting with supervisory experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities • Knowledge of crisis services, outpatient services, addiction treatment and forensic mental health issues and services • State Behavioral Science Regulatory Board Licensed Master Level Social Worker, or State Behavioral Science Regulatory Board Registered Master Level Psychologist • Valid State of Kansas driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance, must be maintained throughout employment • Knowledge of the principles and practices of community organizations and program planning and development • Knowledge of research methodology, analysis and report writing • Knowledge of the principles and methods of administration, organization and personnel management • Ability to resolve complex administrative and personnel issues • Ability to develop strong relationships with community agencies and organizations • Skill in the use of a personal computer and related software • Ability to coordinate efforts of agencies and interests for a common goal • Ability to establish and maintain effective public relations • Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Background checks including but not limited to KBI and DCF adult and child abuse registry. • Motor vehicle screening • Pre-employment drug screen
• Computer with Microsoft Office software • Complex electronic medical record software • Standard office machines • Cell phone • Basic office equipment
• Primarily office setting. • Multiple offices in the Wichita area. • Travel in Sedgwick County and long distances.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
Sedgwick County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County Acting ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7054, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure
2/22/2017 12:00:00 AM
5/22/2017 11:59:59 PM