To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Augusta
Division: Public Works - Streets
Job Title: Street Laborer
Salary: $10.21 Hourly
Reports to: Street Foreman
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK
Under the supervision of the Street Foreman, the Street Laborer provides semi-skilled and un-skilled labor and equipment operation in the areas of street maintenance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work on crew performing general street maintenance including but not limited to asphalt, brick and concrete work.
• Operates hand and power tools such as shovels, rakes, jack hammers, dirt compactors and other tools to maintain asphalt, brick, gravel and concrete streets and surfaces,
• Perform work associated with limb and snow/ice removal working variable hours on an on-call basis
• Cleans catch basins and acts as flag persons.
• Set up work zones prior to repair
• Operates all equipment and tools including the backhoe, loader, skid steer, roller, and crack sealing equipment
• Performs minor repairs and adjustments on equipment.
• Performs minor carpentry.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GEO)
• Must obtain COL Class A with air brake, and tanker endorsement license within 12 months of employment.
• Attend monthly safety meetings.
• Help other team members accomplish tasks.
• Wear Personal Protective Equipment, as required.
• Abide by all standards, conduct and policies, as stated in Employee Handbook.
• The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of speific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Skills and Abilities - With or without reasonable accommodations
- Has ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as sitting, standing, walking, bending, climbing, twisting, squatting, reaching overhead, grasping, lifting, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling and handling of objects; is on feet most of the shift.
- Has the potential of frequently lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Has ability to occassionally lift up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Has normal eyesight and depth perception, with or without correction.
- Hears normal tones, with or without correction.
- Has ability to work within environment described.
- Work under supervision and cooperatively with other employees.
- Ability to listen, understand and communicate information.
- Basic understanding of math.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in work environments, performing a variety of frequently changing tasks.
The physical and cognitive demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfuly perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2/24/2017 12:00:00 AM