To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Winfield
Division: Parks and Pubic Lands
Job Title: Part-Time Golf Pro Shop Attendant
Salary: $0 Hourly
Position Title: Part-Time Golf Pro Shop Attendant
Reports to: Golf Professional
Created on: February 2, 2016
Last Revised: February 4, 2016
Pay Grade: 1
Assists in the daily operation of a municipal golf course. Duties vary from teller work to building and equipment
maintenance. Applicants must have strong customer service skills actively seek to help others. Assist with
concessions, league play and tournaments as necessary. May direct other employees.
• Greet members and guests with a positive attitude.
• Manage the scheduling of tee times.
• Record and conduct transactions.
• Aid with tournament operations.
• Assists with opening and closing of the Pro Shop.
• May manage other employees and their schedule.
• Handle complaints in a positive manor.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, superiors, other agencies, and the
• “This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He
or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her
• Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being
made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
• Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the
best people for the job.
• Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
• Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
• Spatial Orientation - The ability to know your location in relation to the environment or to know where other objects
are in relation to you.
• Information Ordering—The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule
or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
• Manual Dexterity—The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to
grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
• Oral Comprehension—The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words
• Speech Clarity—The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
• Self Starter - Accomplishes work with very little direct supervision.
• Gross Body Equilibrium - The ability to keep or regain your body balance or stay upright when in an unstable
• Rate Control - The ability to time your movements or the movement of a piece of equipment in anticipation of
changes in the speed and/or direction of a moving object or scene.
• Memorization - The ability to remember information such as words, numbers, pictures, and procedures.
Experience And Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform moderate physical work and lift up to 50 pounds and to lift and carry up to
50 pounds. Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, bend, crawl, kneel, twist, reach and perform a variety of similar body
3/1/2017 12:00:00 AM
5/26/2017 11:59:59 PM