To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Case Manager II / Assessor
Salary: $14.40 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, some evenings required
Location of work:
615 N. Main | Wichita, KS
Responsible for administering annual functional assessments for assigned caseload of eligible individuals.
Essential Job Functions:
90% Functional assessment:
• Collaborate with community service providers to administer annual functional assessments for assigned individuals
• Coordinate meetings with the consumer, family/guardian, and service provider(s) to complete assessments
• Collect pertinent data to complete assessments
• Verify the accuracy of data collected and ensure accuracy of data reported on the assessment 8% Options Counseling
• Provide annual options counseling to assigned individuals during functional assessment meetings
• Document options counseling transactions including information on service(s), provider(s) and funding options 2% Miscellaneous
• Complete and document satisfaction surveys
• Complete PASSR assessments
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work or a related field.
• At least one year of experience working directly with persons with the condition of intellectual/development disability.
• Must have and maintain a valid State of Kansas driver’s license, and meet the requirement of Sedgwick County Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage Policy.
• Ability to work mainly in an office environment using modern office equipment
• Ability to attend meetings/trainings in various County and non-County buildings throughout the day
• Job requires frequent travel within Sedgwick County
• Ability to sit for long periods
• May have occasional interactions with individuals who are angry, upset, or expressing frustration.
•Ability to communicate effectively and professionally during these intense conversations, including times when confronted with differing views and/or opinions
This class specification should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification.
• Background checks including but not limited to KBI and DCF adult and child abuse registry.
• Motor Vehicle Screen.
• Pre-employment drug screen.
Basic understanding of computers to include Outlook and Word.
Office and community locations
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
3/7/2017 12:00:00 AM
7/3/2017 11:59:59 PM