To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: COMCARE - Intake Clincian | Intake & Assessment Center
Salary: $40145.59 Annually
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of work:
940 N. Waco | Wichita, KS
Provides initial diagnostic assessment of all individuals seeking mental health services through COMCARE. Therapist will also make appropriate referrals to programs within and outside of COMCARE to assist the client in obtaining services to improve the individuals functioning and quality of life.
Essential Job Functions:
• Conduct face-to-face interviews with new clients to assess their needs for services and treatment planning.
• Maintain documentation to include diagnosis, appropriate referral, licensure required information, history and family background, etc.
• Ensure client records are complete with documentation to include progress notes, treatment plans, collateral contacts, etc. Provide consultation to families, primary care physicians, parole officers, and various referral sources.
• Must be an individual who meets the criteria for an approved mental health service provider (QMHP) or licensable by 7/1/2017, meet the specifications as outlined in the CMHC licensing standards.
• Individuals with clinical licensure encouraged to apply.
• This individual must also possess / demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills, be willing and able to work with persons with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring substance use problems.
• Candidate must have the ability to react and interact effectively in a wide variety of human service activities / situations.
• Demonstrated proficiency in time management and multi-tasking required. Competency in using a personal computer is preferred.
• Must document interactions in an electronic medical record.
• Must have a valid Kansas driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, and have the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
• Must maintain a Kansas driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance at all times.
• Ability to cope with psychotic episodes of adults and children.
• Knowledge of community services and benefit programs.
• Ability to develop and maintain rapport with patients, the general public and all levels of staff.
• Ability to keep client documentation current.
• Must possess the awareness and judgment to intervene appropriately when dealing with escalating emotional situations.
• Possess the ability to negotiate several flights of stairs at a time and move effectively in varied settings throughout the community.
• Possess the mobility and judgment to execute personal protective measures.
• Able to calmly and effectively deal with agitated individuals or high risk situations.
• Demonstrate autonomous critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrate good professional judgment and decision-making skills.
• Able to work with minimal direct supervision.
• Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to handle competing urgent priorities.
• Possess basic or intermediate computer skills: able to learn complex software related to an electronic medical record.
• Background checks including but not limited to KBI and DCF adult and child abuse registry.
• Motor vehicle screening • Pre-employment drug screen
• Basic office equipment: Computer, Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel, fax machine, copy machine.
• Office based with occasional work in the community.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
3/7/2017 12:00:00 AM
4/5/2017 11:59:59 PM