To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: COMCARE - Case Manager II | Community Support Services
Salary: $14.40 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of work:
1929 W. 21st St | Wichita, KS and other community locations
To provide goal-directed, medically necessary mental health services to adults with serious and persistent mental illness to assist them to manage symptoms of mental illness, live independently, avoid hospitalization and achieve their goals related to work, education, and community integration.
Essential Job Functions:
Direct Service Provision
• Providing individual assistance to clients that includes establishing goals and objectives, assessing skills and barriers to success, designing individualized supports to manage symptoms and develop skills to achieve the client's rehabilitation goals, and provide and arrange transportation to meet client needs.
•Drive personal vehicle and/or occasionally drive a county owned vehicle for business purposes (ex. Transport clients to appointments), as required; documenting and reporting mileage according to agency procedures, so that services can be provided in a timely manner; comply with agency vehicle policy at all times. Treatment Planning
•Outlining problems, goals, objectives and services; coordination services and resources.
•Documentation of services delivered according to Medicaid guidelines.
•General administrative duties to process referrals and maintain the electronic medical record. Employee Development
• Attend foundational and advanced trainings, group and individual supervision, and staff meetings as scheduled.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a human services field or two years of post-high school education and equivalent combination of training and experience required.
• Preference for experience working with adults with mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders; knowledge of community resources.
• Good written and verbal communication skills are required, and the ability to work collaboratively with a treatment team.
• Valid Kansas Driver's License Required. Must meet Driver Qualification standards as set forth in Sedgwick County's Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage Policy (R#225-1999). Applicants with a history of 2 or more moving violations in 12 months will not be eligible for employment with Sedgwick County in this position.
• Possess the awareness and judgment to intervene appropriately when dealing with escalating emotional situations.
• Possess the mobility and judgment to execute personal protective measures.
• Be able to calmly and effectively deal with high risk situations.
• Demonstrate autonomous critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrate good professional judgment and decision-making skills.
• Be self-motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision.
• Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Be able to handle competing urgent priorities
• Possess basic or intermediate computer skills.
• Able to learn complex software related to an electronic medical record.
• Possess the ability to negotiate several flights of stairs at a time and move effectively in varied settings throughout the community.
• Background checks including but not limited to KBI and DCF adult and child abuse registry.
• Driver's License Check
• Pre-Employment Drug Screen
• Complex Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
• General office equipment
• Personal cell phone
• Office in a team setting and community settings including client's homes, workplace, school, and other agencies.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
3/10/2017 12:00:00 AM
4/9/2017 11:59:59 PM