To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Augusta
Division: Parks - Cemetery
Job Title: Cemetery Worker - Seasonal
Salary: $0 Hourly
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK
Under supervision, assists in maintaining the grounds and facilities of the City’s cemetery. This position is seasonal/temporary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with landscaping duties including mowing, weed-eating, trimming trees and shrubs, pulling weeds, edging lawns, raking, watering plants and trees, sweeping and clearing fallen trees.
- Make daily rounds of grounds.
- Pick up litter and debris from grounds and parking lots; empty trash containers.
- Set up canopy and arrange folding chairs to prepare site for burial service.
- Operate a variety of landscaping equipment including mowers, edgers and weedeaters.
- Perform general maintenance on equipment, including refueling, changing oil, lubricating parts; making minor adjustments, as necessary.
- Operate a variety of hand tools, shovels, hoes, rakes loppers, litter sticks, and saws.
- Assist visitors with questions regarding plots, gravesites, mausoleum and cemetery.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend monthly safety meetings.
- Abide by all standards, conduct and policies, as stated in Employee Handbook.
- Insure the proper maintenance of equipment and tools by cleaning and checking equipment and tools before and after use.
- Safely operate vehicles and equipment.
- Help other team members accomplish tasks.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Education, Licensure, or Certification
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Class B CDL license preferred.
Experience, Specialized Knowledge, and Other Requirements
- General knowledge of use and maintenance of equipment and tools used.
- Methods of lifting heavy articles and loads in a safe manner.
Skills and Abilities – With or without accommodations
- Has ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as sitting, standing, walking, bending, climbing, twisting, squatting, reaching overhead, grasping, lifting, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling and handling of objects.
- Has ability to frequently lift up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Has ability to continuously handle and manage objects up to 10 pounds – i.e. weed eating for several hours at a time.
- Has normal eyesight and depth perception, with or without correction.
- Hears normal tones, with or without correction.
- Has ability to work within environment described below.
- Work under supervision; work cooperatively with other employees.
- Must be courteous, empathetic, helpful and polite to visitors.
- Ability to listen, understand and communicate information.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in work environments, performing a variety of frequently changing tasks.
The physical and cognitive demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions, including temperature extremes. The employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes, dirt, dust and pollen. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
3/13/2017 12:00:00 AM