To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Department: Public Works
Job Title: Laborer-Sanitation
Salary: $0 Hourly
POSITION TITLE: Laborer-Sanitation
OPENING DATE: January 4, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
BEGINNING SALARY: $10.92 per hr - $15.46 per hr Depending on Qualifications
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under the supervision of the sanitation foreman, the laborer performs unskilled manual work associated with garbage and refuse collection. The position involves both light and heavy labor.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATIONS
- Willing and able to perform routine heavy manual labor.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner and to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and the public.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must have ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Possess valid Kansas driver's license.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Ability to pass a physical exam, drug/alcohol screen and background check following a conditional employment offer.
- Must reside within Lyon or surrounding county or relocate upon employment.
1/4/2017 12:00:00 AM