To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Division: Golf Course
Job Title: Golf Maintenance-Seasonal
Salary: $0 Hourly
POSITION TITLE: Seasonal Maintenance - Golf Course
(Full and Part time hours available)
OPENING DATE: March 15, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
SALARY: $8.16 – $13.26 Depending on Qualifications
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under the supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent the Maintenance Worker will perform manual tasks and requires the ability to do heavy physical labor efficiently. This position usually works about 40 hours per week through the season depending on the weather.
Duties include: Mowing and trimming the various areas of the golf course. Cutting grass, pruning/trimming of trees and shrubs; collects rubbish, trash and other materials in public use areas; cuts and replaces sod and performs plantings; performs various custodial and maintenance tasks on golf course; performs other duties as assigned.
This position is required to work some weekends as the golf course is open 7 days a week. Part time hours are available for this position.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- Willingness and ability to perform routine heavy manual labor.
- Possess valid Kansas driver's license.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to pass a thorough medical exam, drug/alcohol screening and background check following a conditional offer of employment.
- Must have ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Experience in use of tractors, mowers, and hand tools helpful.
3/15/2017 12:00:00 AM