To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Wichita Area Technical College
Division: Strategic Innovations -
Job Title: Industry Trainer
Salary: $54632.00 Annually
Industry trainers are embedded in the industry hire location and perform majority of work off-site from a WATC Campus location. Employees in this position are subject to all WATC policy as well as those policiesof the host site.
The Industry Trainer will provide course instruction and assess student learning in his/her area of expertise to students. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussions and projects, and/or computer laboratory instruction at various College and/or industry locations. Primary teaching assignments will include areas of expertise on-site at industry location with flexibility for day, afternoon, evening, weekend and/or online classes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relates to students in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for the individual
- Reviews course content with administrator or designee or industry client prior to instruction
- Creates and provides detailed lesson plans that are industry specific to stated outcomes.
- Successfully completes the industry certification process in order to be able to be a qualified trainer at their particular organization.
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time
- Presents instruction in a manner consistent with lesson objectives and course outcomes
- Meets the needs of the industry training managers in a timely and consistent manner. Demonstrates professionalism, high customer service, quality training and continuous improvement in the delivery of training to meet the demands and rigor of the industry.
- Seeks student feedback to identify and meet student needs in order to make them more qualified and efficient in the workplace.
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document student mastery of course objectives
- Performs paperwork related to the assignment, including completion of all required reports
- Maintains classroom environment that supports learning
- Submits documentation to both the college and the industry by the established due date in a timely and accurate manner.
- Meets with the Director of Employer Services and the Senior Director, Strategic Innovations if and as requested; and, maintains close communication regarding all activities, events and communications from industry that are necessary to sustain high quality customer/client relationships.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook applications.
- Complies with hiring requirements of College
- Ability to communicate with employees, management, other areas of the organization, in person, on the phone and by written communications in a clear straight-forward and professional manner.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or combination of education, training and related experience that equates to the degree is required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years full time equivalent work experience in industry, required.
- Teaching experience in adult education, preferred.
- Possess all current licensure/certification/registration as required by profession.
Attendance at regularly scheduled meetings and in-services, as well as at meetings that may be scheduled on an impromptu basis. There may be occasional travel between the College locations. Working hours may fluctuate based upon college deadlines, projects being undertaken, and the types of services needing to be provided. Invest the necessary time in performing all tasks necessary in order to accomplish assigned work.
3/13/2017 12:00:00 AM