To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Dickinson County
Job Title: Emergency Communication Officer
Salary: $0 Hourly
The Communications Officer I performs specialized work in receiving, recording and dispatching emergency and non-emergency messages for the Dickinson County Law Enforcement, Police, Fire and EMS. The employee in this position is responsible for the operation of a 911 emergency system, dispatch radios, and computers. This position is supervised by the Emergency Communications Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all countywide and departmental policies and procedures.
- Receive, record and respond to requests for assistance from citizens, responders and outside agencies.
- Dispatch personnel and equipment for various emergency services agencies.
- Relay information to city and county service agencies.
- Research and relay criminal history information.
- Monitor and report inconsistencies in the performance of several vital computer and electronic systems.
- Other duties as assigned
Other duties as assigned
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, co-workers and management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of agency policies and procedures
- Knowledge of certain state and federal regulations
- Knowledge of law enforcement communications procedures, computer applications and protocols
- Knowledge of geography of Dickinson County and the surrounding area
- Ability to communicate clearly, calmly and concisely in emergency situations
- Ability to concentrate on more than one conversation or task at a time
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to type with accuracy and moderate speed
- Ability to operate computers and other office equipment
- Ability to read, interpret and write reports
- Ability to use common sense to handle situations not specifically trained on
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing using the English language.
- Skills in organization, mathematical processes, time management and a high degree of computer proficiency.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with others.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to make independent decisions, use good judgment, accept results and receive constructive feedback in an appropriate positive manner.
- Able and willing to work with others toward achieving common goals. Demonstrate understanding of the importance of teamwork. Display positive attitude and support county policies and communicate properly.
- Demonstrate initiative in execution of work, comprehend instructions without close supervision and volunteers to assist others, produces the expected volume of work.
- Execute work thoroughly, accurately and in an organized manner.
- Accept responsibility and complete work assignments on schedule, without undue delays and within other established parameters.
- Maintain acceptable attendance and arrives and leaves at the prescribed times.
- Dress and groom appropriately for the job.
- Keep work area neat and orderly.
Qualified applicants must have some computer experience.
Qualified applicants cannot have any felony or serious misdemeanor convictions
Qualified applicants must be able to learn all of the essential knowledge, skills and essential duties of the position.
Must be willing and able to work nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled or determined by the Assistant Director
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION
No dispatching experience necessary, full training provided in house
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Must have a high degree of computer proficiency
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Public Safety Telecommunicator Certification
All training provided
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands and fingers to manipulate various computer and electronic input devices. The employee must be able to sit for extended periods. The employee is required to speak clearly and hear well. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must have natural or corrected vision adequate to view close objects, focus in dark surroundings and clearly view computer screens for extended periods.
3/20/2017 12:00:00 AM
4/14/2017 11:59:59 PM