To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Haysville
Job Title: Part Time Office Clerk
Salary: $12.70 Hourly
Under the supervision of the City Clerk/Treasurer and Human Resource Manager/Assistant City Clerk,
the Part Time Office Clerk is a non-exempt position under FLSA and performs general clerical and
receptionist duties. Responsible for receiving the general public and providing customer assistance.
Receiving monies and posting payments to customer accounts is required. Answers phone, takes
messages, files and makes copies, and forwards calls and messages. Must maintain absolute
confidentiality of information, data and records obtained through or because of employment with the
• Answers the telephone and directs calls to appropriate personnel;
• Provides customer service and fields questions, concerns, and complaints from the general public;
• Receives utility payments from customers and posts to customer accounts;
• Sorts water payments and posts daily;
• Rents park shelters and other facilities;
• Handles complaint forms, surveys and receipt logs;
• Registers voters;
• Processes insufficient checks until satisfactory completion;
• Performs general office duties;
• Writes Petty Cash Checks, keeps registers updated, and monitors reimbursement;
• Assists with mailing monthly delinquent notices if necessary;
• Sells permits, tags, registrations and licenses;
• Assists with and tracks business licensing;
• Maintains animal licensing records;
• Follows department policies and procedures;
• Follows safety procedures and practices.
• Assists with binding booklets for all departments;
• Assists other departments;
• Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
Experience: One year of similar or related experience is required. Expected to have acquired the
necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonably well within six months to one year of
Education: A high school diploma or GED is required. Must possess valid Kansas Driver’s License
(or obtain within 30 days of employment).
Technical Skills: Working knowledge of computers, mathematics, and office procedures is required.
Must operate computers, printers, typewriters, calculators, photocopiers, and other office equipment.
Must perform word processing duties, prepare spreadsheets, work with data bases, maintain accuracy,
perform multiple tasks, and read and interpret reports and written instructions. Should possess efficient
public relation and organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills in English. Must
maintain absolute confidentiality of information, data and records obtained through or because of
employment with the City. Must accurately make change.
Problem Solving: Occasional independent problem solving. Encounters problems with citizen
complaints and computer problems.
Decision Making: Occasional independent decision making. Makes decisions about providing citizen
assistance, prioritizing daily work assignments, and performing daily duties in the most efficient
manner. Decisions often made in stressful situations.
Supervision: Works under the direction of the City Clerk/Treasurer and Human Resources Manager.
Has no supervisory responsibilities.
Financial Accountability: Responsible for some department resources and is required to be bonded.
Does not participate in the annual budget process.
Personal Relations: Frequent contact with the general public, co-workers and supervisory personnel.
Very limited contact with the governing body.
Working Conditions: No adverse working conditions exist. Working in an office setting with a
computer is the primary aspect. Deals with the general public including angry and upset people.
Physical Requirements: Frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle, feel or
operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to walk.
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must safely operate a vehicle.
3/20/2017 12:00:00 AM
3/27/2017 11:59:59 PM