To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Ellis County
Division: Road & Bridge
Job Title: Equipment Operator
Salary: $12.94 Hourly
Ellis County Public Works is accepting applications for the full time position of Equipment Operator in the Road & Bridge division. Under the supervision of the Bridge Foreman, the Equipment Operator performs unskilled and semi-skilled work in maintaining and constructing county roads and bridges. The employee in this position performs manual tasks and operates various tools and equipment in the performance of duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
High school diploma or GED required. This is an entry-level position and prior experience is not required. A Class B commercial driver’s license with tanker endorsement is required.
Successful applicant will be required to participate in the FHWA (CDL) drug testing program. Applications, as well as a list of job duties and requirements can be obtained from the
Ellis County Public Works Dept., 1195 280th Ave Hays, Ks 67601 or by calling 785-628-9455.
Applications will be taken until position is filled.
Ellis county reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications.
Ellis County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Mixes and finishes concrete;
• Works as flagman on road projects;
• Clears and cleans roads and bridges;
• Patches road and bridge surfaces;
• Maintains county buildings and grounds;
• Operates hand tools and other types of construction equipment;
• Operates medium to heavy equipment as necessary; and
• Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required
3/22/2017 12:00:00 AM
4/28/2017 11:59:59 PM