To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Division: Public Works
Job Title: Water Plant Operator
Salary: $0 Hourly
POSITION TITLE: Water Plant Operator (I, II, III or IV)
OPENING DATE: June 1, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
BEGINNING SALARY: Commiserate with current certification and experience.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under the supervision of the Water Plant Manager, the Water Plant Operator performs technical and skilled work in the operation of the water pumping stations and treatment plant and related equipment. This individual inspects and operates electrical control boards, motors, pumps, meters, clarifiers, and related equipment; calculates dosage and adjusts treatment in accordance with prescribed standards of the laboratory; regulates valves and observes flow dials; keeps daily log of shift operations; reads gauges, and records information shown; draws test samples for water analysis; and assists mechanics in maintenance operations.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- Must have ability to obtain a Kansas State Water Certification within one year of employment.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, and to communicate effectively and accurately with fellow employees.
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts.
- Must possess a valid KS Driver’s License
- Must possess high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to pass a physical exam, drug/alcohol screen and background check following a conditional employment offer.
- City policy requires employees to reside in Lyon or surrounding Counties
6/1/2017 12:00:00 AM