To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Merriam
Division: Merriam Parks & Recreation Dept.
Job Title: Landscape Technician
Salary: $12.94 Hourly
SUMMARY OF POSITION INFORMATION & TYPICAL DUTIES
The City of Merriam Parks and Recreation Department is seeking a qualified part-time Landscape Technician. The qualified applicant will be responsible for the care and maintenance of city-owned landscape beds. Duties include: operation of vehicles and power equipment such as trimmers and pruning saws; seasonal and weekly preparation and maintenance of landscape beds including removal of leaves and debris, application of fertilizer, herbicides and insecticides, weeding and pruning, removal of dead/damaged plants, replacement with like or similar plants; other related duties as assigned. Hours will vary depending on season and weather, typical season will be April 1 – October 31.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Must have a current valid driver’s license;
- Ability to comprehend and follow specific written and oral instructions;
- Ability to make accurate arithmetical computations;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing;
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service experience;
- Ability to stand and walk on concrete for extended periods of time;
- Working knowledge of computers, window-based MS office products including Excel and Word, and other internet based applications.
Qualified applicants may apply at Merriam City Hall (9001 W. 62nd Street, Merriam, KS 66202) Mon. – Fri. from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Applications can be downloaded online at www.merriam.org or by calling 913-322-5500. Applications may be submitted by fax ((913) 322-5505, in person, or by mail to:
City of Merriam
Attn: Human Resources
9001 W. 62nd Street
Merriam, KS 66202
The City of Merriam does conduct background checks/investigations
If reasonable accommodation is necessary to apply, or further information is needed, contact Sari Maple, Human Resources, 913-322-5502, Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
3/27/2017 12:00:00 AM