To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Emporia
Division: Parks & Zoo
Job Title: Seasonal Park Maintenance-Horticulture
Salary: $0 Hourly
POSITION TITLE: Seasonal Maintenance-Park Dept. (Horticulture Emphasis)
OPENING DATE: March 30, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
STARTING SALARY: $8.16 – $13.26 per year Depends on Qualifications
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Under the supervision of the Horticulturist, the Park Maintenance Worker will perform manual tasks and requires the ability to do heavy physical labor efficiently.
Duties include: growing, planting, maintaining trees, shrubs, flowers in the City zoo, parks, greenhouse and other property; mowing, weeding, pesticide application and other maintenance of turf on City properties; collection of rubbish, trash and other materials in parks and other public use areas; performance of various custodial and maintenance tasks on zoo and park structures; other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS FOR INITIAL CONSIDERATION
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Willingness and ability to perform routine heavy manual labor.
- Possess a valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Experience in use of tractors, mowers and hand tools preferred. (Some knowledge of plants is a plus).
- Ability to pass a medical exam, drug/alcohol screening and background check following a conditional offer of employment.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner and to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and the public.
3/30/2017 12:00:00 AM