To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Care Coordinator | Health Links
Salary: $15.13 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Usual working days/hours:
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location of work:
1929 W. 21st St and other community locations | Wichita, KS
Exciting position in program focused on improving overall health of persons with severe mental illness who have or are at risk of having chronic health conditions such as asthma, diabetes, hypertension, weigh management issues, etc. Position is responsible for coordinating the healthcare needs of participants as defined in the Treatment Plan. Care Coordination is performed with a team-based approach to care and is intended to optimize the overall health of those served.
Essential Job Functions:
• Outreach and engage members to encourage active participation in their physical and mental health.
• Facilitate the transition from inpatient or outpatient medical care to home and other health service systems and coordinate behavioral health care transitions with liaisons and treatment team members.
• Coordinate access to preventive and health promotion services for chronic conditions, mental illness, and substance use disorders.
• Make collateral contacts with doctors, family members, designated team members, etc. to assure the needs of the member are being met.
• Coordinate and provide access to individual and family supports.
• Coordinate appointments as needed.
• Engage members and families as partners in their care and develop positive, hopeful and trusting relationships.
• Address barriers for success: i.e.: low income, housing, transportation, health condition, etc.
Treatment Plan Development and Review
• Collaborate with members, support individuals, and treatment team members to create individualized treatment plans.
• Review treatment plans with members at a minimum of every 90 days.
• Complete documentation in an accurate and timely manner and in compliance with agency, state, and federal requirements for coding and content.
• Ensure confidential communication of patient health information.
Other Administrative Duties
• Monitor and follow up to ensure that needed care is not only offered but accessed.
• Demonstrate value of a team approach to care.
• Support and grow the member’s confidence and commitment to change.
• Identify and foster strong working relationships with other community providers.
• Understand and work toward achieving program outcomes as defined by contract and as they relate to overall population health. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Bachelor’s degree or be equivalently qualified by work experience or a combination of work experience in the field of behavioral or physical health care.
• Possess demonstrated interpersonal and written skills and ability to thrive in a team based approach to care.
• Valid Kansas Driver’s License and proof of automobile insurance required. Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and meet Driver Qualification standards as set forth in Sedgwick County’s Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage policy.
• A personal focus on living a healthy lifestyle or willingness to model a healthy lifestyle with attributed members.
• Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
• Background checks including but not limited to KBI and DCF adult and child abuse registry.
• Driver's License Check
• Pre-Employment Drug Screen
• Complex Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
• General office equipment
• Personal cell phone
• Office in a team setting and community settings including client's homes, workplace and other agencies.
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice.*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
Immediate family and family of the employee’s spouse shall be considered husband, wife, son, step-son, son-in-law, daughter, step-daughter, daughter-in law, brother, step-brother, brother-in law, sister, step-sister, sister-in-law, mother, step-mother, mother-in law, father, step-father, father-in-law, grandchildren, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.
4/3/2017 12:00:00 AM
5/2/2017 11:59:59 PM