To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Academics & Outreach Coordinator
To provide office administration and support for Dean of Academics and coordinate all aspects of Outreach Enrollment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and supervise outreach enrollment, work directly with Outreach Coordinators, travel to outreach sites.
- Work with Division Leaders and Dean of Academics to produce the Line Schedule each semester.
- Produce all adjunct and summer contracts and Instructional Services report generation.
- Perform office administration duties for the Dean of Academics.
- Maintain adjunct applicant files and tracking. Set up interviews, prepare, and process new hire paperwork.
- Assist with In-Service and Orientations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Schedule and organize work to meet established deadlines.
- Keep all assigned files and records current and well organized.
- Maintain a friendly, professional work environment and attitude when working with others.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Bachelor Degree preferred. Experience working in public schools, community college or four-year college level preferred.
Physical Requirements: Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. Job requires minimal agility and dexterity.
Work Environment: Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
Apply: Position will remain open until filled.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after selection.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Sara Koehn, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Coordinator of Disabilities, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
4/5/2017 12:00:00 AM